Last Updated March 7, 2022
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the security of any personal information that we collect from you. The following describes the types of information we collect and how we collect it and what we do with the information we collect.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Here are the types and categories of Information that we may collect regarding users (see below for additional descriptions of the categories of Information collected that are provided to California residents):
- Information that could reasonably identify a user, such as name, email and gender;
- Information regarding users’ social media accounts;
- Information to assist our third-party vendors, including our third party payment processor;
- Information collected from our customer support department, including customer support inquiries and Content-related emails;
- Information about your visits to our Site without you actively submitting information. This information may include, for example, your browser type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the URLs of sites you visited before and after visiting our Site, the web search that landed you on our Site, and web pages you view and links you click on within our Site.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use Information in many ways and for many purposes including the following:
- For Site operations, content improvements, testing, research, analysis and product development;
- To contact you with information regarding our services;
- If we are sold, merge with a third party, are acquired or are the subject of bankruptcy proceedings, your Information may be shared with the applicable third party(ies); if we are involved in one of these transactions, users will be notified via email or a Policy update on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Information, as well as any choices that you may have regarding your Information; and
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or when we determine it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We may share Information that we have about users in many ways and for many purposes, including the following:
- With our vendors, including our third party payment processor; and
- To enable our Information verification and fraud detection vendors to perform contracted for services.
When we share Information, we enter into agreements that describe the purpose that the Information is shared, restrict its use to the agreement’s specified purpose and require that all Information remain confidential, and be protected from unauthorized disclosure.
As described below, we do not sell user’s Personal Information within the meaning of the CCPA.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information. We limit access to personal information to authorized personnel who need access to perform their job and are contractually required to keep your information secure. Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be obtained by someone without our authorization.
Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances – you simply edit this in your profile.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA USERS WITH REGARD TO THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION
California users have several rights regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of their Personal Information under the CCPA. One of these rights, notice of collection of Personal Information, is described above; the balance of these rights is described below and include the following rights:
- Disclosure of Personal Information collected and sold
- Opt-out from the sale of Personal Information
- Deletion of Personal Information
- Access and portability of Personal Information collected
As business conditions change, we will update this policy to reflect changes in our business practices. We will post revisions to our policy on our Site and reflect that in the “Last update” above.
Questions and Comments
Please feel free to send your privacy-related comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.